Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer (Data Center) for Mumbai Location for one of the Best Global MEP Design & Build Consulting Company.
Location _ Vikhroli Mumbai
Max CTC offered 12.00 to 14.00L
• To produce designs for data centre mechanical systems including chilled water and high efficiency cooling systems
• To produce mechanical schematics both for sales documentation and for build drawings
• To produce specifications for critical part of mechanical installations
• Create and issue mechanical specifications to contractors
• Carry out site surveys
• To develop the mechanical systems including developing all necessary drawings, technical submissions, calculations and descriptions of operation to construction standard.
• To liaise with all sub-contractors and ensure that all drawings are issued with all required information.
• To check and approve material submittals with respect to Technical Design
• Providing Sales support for incoming enquiries and queries
• Study tender documents and understand client requirements to be able to put together the technical response to tender bids, proposal and quotations
• Accurate cost estimation for consultancy
• Evaluate client enquiries, specification and drawings
• Formulate technical and commercial responses with assistance and guidance from other departments as required
• Prepare and participate in the review of and submit Technical and part of the Commercial responses to the highest standards of accuracy, presentation, and punctuality and in accordance with company standards and client requirements
• Prepare and participate in the review of and in the submission of technical and commercial clarifications and revised bid documents as required through the tendering process
• Attend client, supplier and third-party meeting on and offsite as necessary
• Work closely with Overseas Design Department to hand over contracts won by the company
• Understanding / knowledge of mechanical equipment’s, financial aspects and technical risk
• Report and communicate activities effectively and appropriately.
• Engage directly with consultancy (Data Centre audits, best practice etc)
• Work both within office environment and onsite
• Confidently deliver Client critical infrastructure professional services offering across the complete project lifecycle
• Following on site consultancy, prepare reports, present findings, and provide a road map for change (appropriately detailing level of risk and opportunity for improvement)
• Work together with the Director and Critical Infrastructure Consultant of the Middle East and other company departments to develop innovative solutions.
• Work closely with other areas of the business and key staff to overcome complex client requirements
• Experience with Data Centre Design, Installation & Testing & Commissioning preferable but not essential.
Candidate Experience and Qualifications
• 6+ years of data centre infrastructure (Power and cooling) experience
• Excellent work ethic and proactive individual
• Capable of working under own initiative and as part of a team
• Qualified (BEng or above with mechanical engineering degree or similar)
• Good communicator, both in writing, on the telephone and face to face with customers
• Excellent English skills -written and verbal
• Able to design complete data center HVAC and mechanical systems included chilled water systems
• Good numeracy skills
• Able to priorities tasks and manage time, to meet tight project deadlines
• Good technical and proposals and submittals management
• Good technical review ability
• Ability to carry out site surveys and develop concept to schematic designs
• CAD/Revit proficiency
• Working knowledge of Uptime Tiers & TIA 942-B – ATD not essential but beneficial
• Willingness to travel in the region
• Experience with data center testing and commissioning
• Last employer reference
Thanks & Regards,
Anand Wakode – 9967085379
Head Business Development & Operations
Leadersource Consulting LLP
Mumbai, India. Basel, Switzerland.